Agreed, online shopping is the in-thing. Almost everyone and their caddy are clicking away online. Websites offer lucrative deals and all sorts of unimaginable variety of golf accessories.
Let’s face it, shopping for golf accessories cannot be made more fun or more simple than clicking a button.
But watch out, sitting at home and shopping with such ease can also be dangerous. Your credit card details can fall in the wrong hands and unknown strangers can use those details to run up humungous bills.
Spurious websites also sell your personal details to other companies who then badger you with unwanted phone calls, unsolicited emails, flyers, brochures, and what-have-yous.
Some sites even insert malicious code on your computer, known as a virus, which then secretly captures and sends information like your bank passwords to hackers, etc.
In order to avoid these dangers, just take simple precautionary steps when you shop online for your golf accessories
– only shop at websites which are well-known and popular like eBay
– regardless of the ‘great deal’ or the ‘fabulous offer’ avoid visiting unknown websites
– Look for the padlock on the bottom right of your browser. This indicates that the site is relatively safe
– Always use the best anti-virus and anti-spy ware like Norton which gets rid of malicious code installed on your PC
– Close your browser immediately if you see any suspicious activity at a website
Such simple measures will help you shop online for your golf accessories in relative peace and security.