To promote your website and get it ranking higher you need to build backlinks to your website. However, this can be a long and tedious task and surely there must be a better way to get links that asking for them.
Normally with link building you find other websites within your niche, review the site to see if it is one that you want linking to your site and then contact the site owner. You ask them if you can exchange links so that you can have a link on their site pointing back to yours.
There are other ways to build links than to offer link exchanges and it is actually much easier to build backlinks and increase your sites popularity without sending out requests.
Here is a system to build backlinks to your site.
1. Join a forum within your niche and actively participate in the forum. There are two ways that you can use a forum membership. Firstly you build up a relationship with others in the forum and if the members of the forum have websites they may decide that they want to add a link to your site on their website, particularly if your website is good quality. The other way to use a forum is to include a link in your signature so each time that you make a post on the forum you are getting a new backlink.
2. Have a statement on your website that you need backlinks. Have a contact form where people can leave their details if they want to do a link exchange with you. This way you are not researching and finding people to exchange links with but they will find you through your website.
3. Publish a regular newsletter and within the newsletter have a statement like: “If you enjoy our newsletter then please include a link to our website on your site so other can enjoy it too”. Remember to include the link to your site for them to use. You can also use your newsletter to advertise for link exchanges.
4. Do some article marketing. With article marketing you write articles relating to your niche and submit those articles to article directories. Each time you submit an article you include a link to your site so you gain new backlinks with each article submission. You will find that sometimes other websites will publish your article on their site including the link to your site giving you even more backlinks.
5. Have a good quality site that has good and informative content. If you have good quality content on your site you will be favored by the search engines and people will find your site. When people find your site they will see your message about link exchanges.
6. Submit your site to award sites and you will be amazed at the response you get, especially when your site has excellent quality content.
What are paid backlinks, Backlinks are what all of the search engines use as a criteria to define whether your website is worth listing high in their results or not. So, in very basic terms, if you have a lot of backlinks, you will be ranked highly with the search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc).
A backlink is just a link from another website or web page to your website or your page. The reason that the search engines use this as a measuring tool is because they “feel” that if your site is worth being linked to by another site, then your site must be worthwhile. There is a lot more that could be said about that but again, in a nutshell, it all comes down to this: the more websites that you have linking to your website, and the better quality the links (meaning, the more relevant the links are to your website), the higher you will rank in the search engines.
But building links yourself is a tedious, long and continuous process. So, not too long ago, people were very comfortable with paying a service to provide them with backlinks. But it didn’t take Google too long to figure out that this was happening and paid backlinks started being penalized.
So now the rules are different. Google does allow you to buy links but they will put your links through the ringer so make sure you follow their guidelines. What this means for you is that you’ve got to buy links from sites that do adhere to Google’s constantly changing guidelines. If you are buying backlinks just for traffic, you will be able to follow the google guidelines. But if you are buying them to increase the SEO of your sight, then you should probably hold on to your money since the search engines only allow no-follow links.
However, while paid backlinks may not be the way to go, there are a number of backlinks services that you can choose to use rather than just outright buying backlinks. These services will actually do the link-building work for you rather than just selling you the links. Different services offer different features so just make sure that you do the proper amount of research to establish those that are really working the right way and keeping one step ahead of the search engine rules and regulations.
While backlink services will not be cheap, they offer a great alternative to you spending an enormous amount of time trying to learn about backlink-building and then applying it to your business. Choosing the right service allows you to let the experts handle that aspect so that you can go on to other business building activities. There are several link-building services to choose from and the list will probably continue to grow as long as it is common knowledge that backlinks are necessary for high search engine ranking.
Many webmasters know the importance of having backlinks to their sites. Many go about the tedious job of obtaining backlinks by themselves which takes time and patience. In the past, it seemed that only big corporations could shell out the cash necessary to actually have the decision to purchase backlinks. So they were the ones who ended up first in the search engine rankings. But things have changed and there are many services now available to the small business owner.
While these types of service aren’t cheap (especially if they are reputable), they can be very worthwhile. In deciding whether you want to buy your backlinks or continue to do the backlink building yourself, you need to evaluate how important your time is to you and how much you are able to spend in order to free up some of that time. If you do decide to purchase backlinks, make sure that you follow some simple decision to purchase backlinks guidelines.
Remember, not all backlinks are the quality that you need. A general mistaken conception in the internet marketing industry is that the more links you can get, the better off you will be, no matter what. More backlinks will raise your search engine ranking only if the links are quality (relevant) links. If the links come from link farms or just poorly ranked, non-reputable sites, then it can actually hurt you in terms of your search engine ranking. So keep that in mind when you are checking out services that sell backlinks. Do your research on where the links are coming from and make sure that you have something that can allow you to track the results yourself.
The decision to purchase backlinks can bring you a sigh of relief. It’s definitely the easiest way to shoot your site up in search engine ranking. But remember, quality links are not cheap. You don’t need to go for the most expensive ones necessarily but try to avoid just getting the most links you can get for the cheapest price. Again, research exactly what you will be getting for your investment. Make sure that your links will not all originate from the same place. This is a big no-no according to the search engines. Also avoid publicly traded link sites. These are more likely to be tracked and flagged by the search engines. Also, do not pay a monthly membership to maintain your links.
You are better off paying a one-time (possibly higher) fee for one link than to continuously pay month after month and risk losing your position when you don’t pay one month for some reason or another. You’re much better off buying permanent links. That’s fine if you can only afford decision to purchase backlinks at a time. Just add a link every so often and your site will gradually increase in ranking until you can afford to pay for more.
The decision to purchase backlinks is a sound one if you do it the right way, according to the rules established by the search engines themselves. Just make sure you do your research on who is selling them to you.